Saturday, March 16, 2013

The best herbal tea in Hong Kong

In a previous post mine (Chi and Chinese Herbal Medicine), I discussed about the relation between Chi generation and Chinese herbal tea. I don't have confidence in most herbal tea shops in Hong Kong in the their tea's chi generation efficacy. When I was a kid, my father used to bring me to a traditional tea shop, ran by the owner called "Old second Uncle" (二叔公). I learned meditation from him as well as occasionally drank his herbal tea for free (whether or not my father paid for it later I don't know). That herbal tea had great chi generation power.

Recently I was glad that I found a shop in Hong Kong that still sells very good chi-generating herbal tea. It is the run by the famous Qing He Tong (清河堂) family lineage, surname Zhang (張), and they opened a herbal tea shop with the same name. Legend has it that the Zhang lineage was from the time of the first Emperor (轩辕) and had been famous in the Ming Dynasty, now scattered around South East Asia due to various reasons.

Highly recommended for people affected by flu and those who are interested in studying the subject of (or experiencing, if you don't like taking a cold show) chi generation, HK$7 for a cup (they have two formula, both are good), a bargain. Many people take home bottles of 3 cups size.

Address: G/F, 21 Argyle Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong (opposite Langham Place)

The best herbal tea shop in Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...